R. Stephen Lucie, M.D.
Orthopedic Doctor at Jacksonville Orthopaedic Institute
One of Jacksonville’s Most Experienced and Respected Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgeons
When you choose Dr. Stephen Lucie to treat your orthopaedic problems, you will be treated by one of Jacksonville’s most experienced and respected orthopaedic surgeons. Dr. Lucie has been practicing for more than 30 years. He is committed to giving his patients the highest level of personalized orthopaedic care available. Choose Dr. Lucie and discover why so many people trust him to help them regain their healthy, active lifestyle.
Dr. Lucie specializes in total joint replacements and sports medicine.
- He has taken care of thousands of people from North Florida, South Georgia and beyond, and has performed over 10,000 surgical cases.
- He is the original Team Physician for the NFL’s Jacksonville Jaguars.
- He continues to be the Team Physician and Sports Medicine Consultant for many professional sports teams, high school and collegiate athletic programs.
His patients include:
- Amateur athletes
- High school athletes
- Collegiate athletes
- Professional athletes
- People who want to enjoy an active, pain-free lifestyle, including weekend warriors
In the field of total joint replacements, Dr. Lucie offers patients the latest techniques including:
- Minimal incision surgery
- Gender-specific knee implants
- Unicompartmental knee replacements
- Robotic-assisted partial knee replacement
Dr. Lucie is a founding member of the Jacksonville Orthopaedic Institute (JOI). He practices at the JOI office in the historic San Marco neighborhood of Jacksonville in the Reid Medical Building adjacent to Baptist-Downtown.