Dr. Lucie Specializes in Knee Replacements and Hip Replacement Surgery
Dr. Lucie received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Chemistry from the University of North Carolina, and his medical doctorate degree from the Medical College of Georgia. He completed his residency training in orthopaedics at the University of Colorado in Denver. Dr. Lucie is board-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, and he is also one of the only orthopaedic surgeons in Northeast Florida who has a board-certified Subspecialty Certificate in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine.
Dr. Lucie has been active in the orthopaedics field throughout his career. He has held a number of leadership positions, given numerous original presentations at major national medical meetings and authored important articles in professional orthopaedics journals.
His credentials include:
- Member, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Member, Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Chairman, Florida Orthopaedic Society Sports Medicine Committee
- Vice President, Jacksonville Orthopaedic Institute
- President, Duval County Medical Society (2009)
The NFL’s Jacksonville Jaguars chose Dr. Lucie as their first Head Team Physician. He served in that role for seven years and helped develop the team’s sports medicine facility.
Currently he serves as:
- Head Team Physician, Jacksonville Sharks
- Head Team Physician, Jacksonville University
- Head Team Physician, The Bolles School
- Orthopaedic Consultant, Jacksonville Jaguars
Dr. Lucie specializes in total joint replacements, including knees, hips and shoulders and sports medicine. He treats a number of non-surgical sports problems, including running injuries and fitness problems.
Dr. Lucie is an avid runner and has completed 10 marathons including the New York, Boston, and the London marathons. He has been Medical Director for a number of Jacksonville’s premier running events, including the Gate River Run.
A founding member of Jacksonville Orthopaedic Institute (JOI), Dr. Lucie practices at the JOI San Marco office on the adjacent campus of Baptist – Downtown. Dr. Lucie is a founding member of the Baptist Center for Joint Replacement team at Baptist – Downtown.
Robot-Assisted Partial Knee Resurfacing – a highly advanced robotic arm system allowing orthopaedic surgeons to more precisely replace only the diseased part of the knee with a small implant, leaving healthy bone, tissue and cartilage intact. Learn more about the Baptist Center for Joint Replacement »
- Motion is lotion for your joints
- ACL Reconstruction 2009
- ACL Tears – A Major Sports Medicine Injury
- Barefoot or Minimalist Shoe Running
- What’s New In Total Joint Replacement Surgery